Quick-win midweek recipes to feed the family!
When it comes to feeding the family it can often be draining. Here at The Leisure Lounge we want to make your life easier! Not only do we want to promote the joys (and health benefits of home cooking) but these quick and simple midweek recipes are cost-effective, too.
Did you know that by eating a home cooked meal with your family your well-being is likely to increase? Conversations during meal times allow families to bond, plan and connect with each other. What more could you want?
Not to mention the health benefits to these midweek recipes are fantastic. Take-out and frozen meals can often be high in calories, fats, and sugars, and by cooking a home-made meal you’re in control of what you and your family eat. A healthy diet makes a healthy life!
So here are 3 deliciously easy midweek recipes you can make for (fingers crossed) the whole family to enjoy.
- Put the sprouts and greens into a large bowl then mix in the cheese, garlic, dill, lemon zest and a pinch of salt and pepper until well combined.
- Crack in the eggs and mix well.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat and add a generous lug of oil. Once the oil is heated, carefully put a heaped tablespoon of the mixture onto the pan and flatten into patties.
- Fry the patties for 2/3 minutes or until the egg begins to set, then flip over and cook the other side for another 2/3 minutes until the egg has cooked through.
Crunchy veggie eggy noodles
- Grab a large bowl and mix the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and a pinch of pepper together.
- In a large pan of boiling water, add a pinch of salt then add the shredded cabbage, broccoli and noodles and cook for 3 minutes. In the last minute add the mangetout to cook.
- Once cooked, drain well then toss into the bowl of dressing and mix well.
- In a large non-stick pan fry the eggs. We would recommend keeping them runny, but it’s up to you!
- Divide the noodles into four bowls, place an egg on top then drizzle with chilli sauce and enjoy!
Thai prawn coconut curry
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large deep pan and sauté the onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, chilli and lime leaves on a medium heat for 4/5 minutes until soft but not darkened in colour.
- Add the prawns, vegetables, coconut cream and stock to the pan and simmer for 3-5 minutes until the prawns are cooked and the vegetables become tender.
- Switch the heat off then add a small splash of fish sauce and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Plate up with some boiled rice, slices of red chilli and a wedge of lime.
November 8, 2017
October 27, 2017
October 16, 2017